Why is this the Right Time to Switch to Quartz Worktops3 min read

Is it time for a change? Are you updating your existing kitchen? Investing in a new kitchen design? Do your worktops need replacing? There are many questions and reasons why you might look to see if you are at the right stage of changing your worktops.

Quartz worktops are extremely durable and provide a non-porous surface that is resistant to stains, scratches and abrasions. This natural mineral stone is very close to Diamond in strength, and it goes through a special patented process to make a quartz slab suitable for fabrication and final installation in your home. Approximately 93% natural quartz is found in each slab, with the remaining 7% a high-quality resin bonding.

We look at a few signs as to why it might be the time to switch to quartz worktops in your home.

You have children

If you have children, whatever their age you need to consider them when it comes to your kitchen choices. High gloss units and sticky-fingered toddlers, don’t mix. Glass shelving with a heavy-handed teen? Not the greatest idea. And you certainly do not want a worktop that can be damaged easily.

Quartz worktops are a great option, they are super durable and capable of withstanding anything family life can throw at them. The options are endless when it comes to quartz and even the edges can be rounded, minimising the chances of nasty accidents.

You want a varied choice

Quartz worktops come in a variety of colours and there are so many to choose from. You will be spoilt for choice, from the classic shades of white, black and cream right through to quirkier alternatives such as deep reds, sky blues or vivid greens and oranges.

This type of stone also lends itself to more intricate designs and fancy edging, so whatever you are imagining, we are sure quartz can make it a reality.

Cleaning is important

In the kitchen, cleanliness and hygiene are essential. Quartz surfaces are perfect for keeping everything extra clean, they are easy to look after and maintain. All you need to do is wipe over with warm soapy water. Quartz is also a non-porous material meaning that the surface acts as a natural barrier to dirt and bacteria, preventing harmful nasties from becoming trapped underneath.

Keep it clean and a quartz countertop will provide an excellent return on investment.

cleaning stone worktops

You make a mess when cooking

Are you a bit of a messy cook? Always spilling things or dropping items? You need a worktop that can take the strain and endure heavy-handed use and that’s why we recommend quartz.

Hardwearing and extremely durable, quartz won’t damage easily – nor will it hold stains.

You are looking to improve your home with a sensible long-term investment

When it comes to the kitchen worktop, do you find yourself thinking about how it’s going to look or how much it will cost? Quartz has grown massively over the years becoming the favoured stone for homes. It looks good and offers so many favourable qualities.

It isn’t a budget option but is it without question, a sensible and long-term investment.

Cawdor Stone Gallery are a division of the Cawdor Group, one of the UK’s leading natural stone providers. With over 30 years of experience, our highly qualified team have undertaken international projects of all sizes, providing high-quality materials and a comprehensive range of stone-related services to a range of projects. Contact us today for more info on quartz worktops.

Cawdor Stone Gallery logo